For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
8.07.2011
A friend
It's always good to have a friend who truly understands. I'm thankful to the ends of the earth for my parents, siblings, and bfff for the support and love they give on a daily basis through our journey but none of them have experienced this side, thankfully! Even my own husband cannot fully understand what I go through or vise versa. Yesterday for the first time I was able to talk to a friend who I knew was on this journey as well. We are in different places in this journey but that makes no difference to me. It made me feel ok, like I can help someone else and she can help me, like we are part of a secret club (of course one no one really wants to belong to, not cool like the babysitters club). We just get it, all the hurt, the sadness, the ups and downs, the unanswered questions. It made me feel not so alone in this journey. I have always been thankful for her, she's been my life line while hanging out with S's friends but yesterday gave our friendship a different meaning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment