One of the nurses called from my doctor's office at 7:55pm tonight to let me know my cultures for ureaplasma and mycoplasma were in. The mycoplasma was negative but the ureaplasma was positive again, which I tested positive for back in Feb and we were both treated with antibiotics. We are being put on a stronger dose of antibiotic this time and I'm being retested 1 week after I finished my antibiotic. Ugh! This could be the possible cause for our miscarriage but there is not guarantee that this was the cause either and there really is not much I can find at this time about the link between ureaplasma and miscarriages. Just this Much remains to be learned about the exact role of infection in miscarriage, but both partners must be cultured for mycoplasma and ureaplasma, which can lead to recurrent losses if present.
So back to waiting again...
No comments:
Post a Comment