On July 5th it had been a year since we found out baby Sweet Pea was gone, the day itself was not as bad as I thought it would be, it could be the fact that our lil pumpkin kept reminding me all day the blessing in my belly. It is so crazy what a difference a year makes although it was a looooooooong year. I did have a few moments of remembering July 5th the previous year, hearing our doctor tell us the baby had no heartbeat and had stopped growing about 1 1/2 weeks earlier as we watched the ultrasound monitor with a picture of our lifeless baby, having to tell our family we lost another baby, seeing my husband break down and then try to be strong for me. I also felt so blessed to feel our baby kicking lots throughout the day. I miss my baby Sweet Pea each and every day, always wondering what he/she looks like, the sound of his/her cry, etc.
The following day we had our 24 week appointment which included another ultrasound to hopefully get a profile of the baby's face, check the cyst and my placenta. I am so excited to say we walked out of the doctor's office with 100% good news! Although the baby was not being super cooperative they were able to get a profile of the baby's face (not the best but it was good enough for the doctor), the cyst is gone, and my placenta has moved back enough! It felt like the first time in years we've received all good news, needless to say S and I were both very excited as we left. It was wonderful to see the baby again, who has a great heart beat of 147 and weighs 1 lb 10 oz!
No comments:
Post a Comment