For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

6.09.2012

HALF WAY!

We made it half way through our pregnancy!  Our 20 week appointment was not quite as wonderful as I hoped it would be but still amazing to see our little pumpkin and we get to see he/she again in four weeks sine he/she was being stubborn and they could not get a profile shot of the baby's face.  The not so great parts included failing my 1  hour glucose test, my placent is 1 cm away from my cervix which means a possible c section and there is a cyst on the baby's brain.  The baby having a cyst on it's brain is the scariest part, I can handle being cut open but knowing my little pumpkin has something wrong (which we were told will probably resolve itself) breaks my heart and makes me worry.  The doctor said there were no other markers seen other than the cyst that would indicate something is wrong with the baby ie downs or something else.    As far as the placenta goes that will probably also resolve itself as my uterus continues to expand but if not a c section is possible.  I have to do a 3 hour glucose test this week which I'm really not looking forward to since that means sitting at the doctor's office for 3+ hours and probably feeling or getting very sick from not eating for 12+ hours.  But in the end it's worth it.  The baby is looking wonderful and growing right on track just around 13 ounces with a heart beat of 167!

No comments:

Post a Comment