For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

1.09.2012

adoption

S and I had a very serious conversation yesterday about adoption, serious in the sense we are going to start looking into it.  We requested information to attend an informative meeting this Wednesday night.  S feels like no matter how we come to be parents his experience is different than mine even if we have a biological child, mainly because he does not actually experience the pregnancy.  It's not that he does not want to have a child that is his own flesh and blood, he is tired of the fertility treatments and the heartache that it brings.  He also said it does not matter how he becomes a dad.  I have an amazing husband, I know it took an extreme amount of courage to talk about this especially knowing adoption means giving up my hopes and dreams of being pregnant.  I agree that adoption is a path I'm ready to start walking down but I'm also not 100% ready to give up on fertility treatments.  I hope we are able to go to the meeting on Wednesday night which would work out great since my new OB appointment is tomorrow, we'd at least be able to receive a lot of information to talk about this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment