For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

9.25.2011

big decisions

After an overwhelming week of fertility bills S and I have made some big decisions regarding our journey to becoming parents.  Our fertility clinic not only screwed up my most recent bill but sent S to collections for a bill that was paid in February and bills we never received  because the clinic screwed up our new address.  Now we've almost paid double what we need to we decided to try as best as we can to sort the bills out with the fertility clinic and then be done there.  Since our miscarriage and ending up in the ER after my doctor said everything looked fine, I have had this nagging feeling about going back there for more treatments.  Well I think this was God's way of giving me my answer I've been praying for, might not seem like the "nicest" way but it solidified my decision.  So after many tears and talking yesterday S and I decided we are done with the fertility clinic.  We also decided to find an OBGYN so we have a consult to find out a second opinion, possibly if we could just try on our own or if we need to go through fertility treatments with a RE.  I would also like to know if I should still be on the Metformin, is it really doing anything for me.  This summer my sister's friend who is an OBGYN had told me that IUIs can be done with ultrasounds which is the expensive part, so we might find out if this is an option for us.  I feel somewhat at peace with this decision just wish it would have come sooner like two months ago when all these uncertainties set in for me.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know where you are located, but if you are in the Chicago area I highly recommend my OBGYN, Dr. Heather Heiberger, or my RE, Dr. Angie Beltsos, of Fertility Centers of IL. They are both fabulous. Best of luck as you make this change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! I'm actually just to the north in Milwaukee. We actually changed our decision a bit and have decided to do one more IUI while looking for a new OBGYN.

    ReplyDelete