For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

11.02.2011

new doctor

I'm really excited to have an appointment set with a new OBGYN.  I'm really not excited to have to wait until January 10th. 

I had a pretty uplifting day yesterday that made me feel like I am part of the "norm" as we like to call it in our house.  The "norm" is someone who is experiencing infertility or miscarriage and/or someone who has, someone who actually understands the feelings.  Anyway I talked with two people yesterday who have dealt with both infertility and miscarriages.  I hate that we are a part of that club but it's always nice to know I'm not alone and to see there is hope because both of these women have overcome those obstacles in her life.  It truly gives me hope.

Back to my new doctor.  I made a list of requirements for a new doctor the two main things were a female and someone who was a little bit younger.  My previous OBGYN was starting to get old, she was supposed to deliver me.  She was just too conservative for me at this stage in the game, wait she's always been to conservative throughout this whole thing for 3 years.  I also was looking for an OBGYN who possible had an emphasis in fertility or could do in clinic IUIs, which I had found out there was one group of doctors who did that so that's where my search began.  I narrowed the field down to 6 or 7 doctors and then had S help me make a finally decision. Oh another HUGE requirement was that the new OBGYN was covered under both of our insurance plans, new and old.  With S's help we were able to further narrow the pickings to 2 OBGYNs and just pick one based off who had availability first.  Nothing too exciting to report about her yet aside from watching a video I don't really know her but from the video I really liked her personality.  I am really looking forward to meeting her and having an OBGYN who takes an active approach in my healthcare.

No comments:

Post a Comment