On Saturday October 15 we attended Forever in Our Hearts Remembrance Day with our families (minus my brother, sister in law and 2 nieces who I know would have attended if they didn't live in Montana). It was a day to honor families who have lost babies through pregnancy, stillbirth, and early infancy. The event was planned by bereaved parents and Mikayla's Grace. The day include a walk, dove release (which I wish we would have participated in because it was so much cooler than I expected it to be), bubbles to Heaven, and much more. Shortly after arriving I was surprised by my best friend who signed up to volunteer but did not tell anyone she was doing it, it was the best surprise I could have received and meant the world to me that she came to support me and S. WUB YA! The day sort of felt surreal to me since we have never had the chance to honor our babies in such a wonderful way. There were so many ways our babies were remembered and honored...I took photos of all of it and will include those below.
The day prior to Forever in Our Hearts Remembrance Day I received two awareness/remembrance ribbons from Claire, who I got to meet at the remembrance day. S and I talked about how it felt good (for lack of a better descriptive word) to be the norm for once, with no one questioning you and not having to say a word to anyone but know exactly what they are feeling.
Later that evening we lit two candles in remembrance of Baby SC and Baby Sweet Pea. Mommy and Daddy love you very much and miss you everyday! XOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment